I am a huge fan of autumn. It is not too cold, the trees look amazing, I get to wear both boots and cardigans and I don’t get strange looks when I eat soup! Yes I am that strange person who looks forward to autumn for these 3 main things. I have been slightly obsessed with making butternut squash recipe over the past few weeks but this one in particular has to be favourite.
This is a recipe for butternut squash soup that you have to save in your bookmarks – or even better press print and make it today! I made a double batch and froze it in little zip-lock bag portions and it is just perfect for busy days. Another great tip is to store in a mini muffin tin so you have little baby sized portions on hand always! When they are frozen, pop them out and place into freezer bags then label. When you come home from work at 6pm and your baby is REALLY hungry and can’t wait for food (which was always the case in our house), you can pop a little portion into a bowl and straight into the microwave. They defrost in less than 5 minutes! Serve with a little brown bread to soak it up and place it in front of your little one then let them get to work.
5 Things you may not know about Butternut Squash
- You can eat the skin! I just give it a scrub, then cut in quarter, drizzle over a little rapeseed oil and roast for 40 minutes. The skin goes soft enough to eat and blends perfectly into soup! EASY PEASY!
- Butternut Squash belongs to the pumpkin family! In Australia they call it a butternut pumpkin!
- The term ‘ Butternut Squash recipe ‘ is one of the most searched food term on Pinterest!
- Just ONE cup of butternut squash provides an entire daily dose of vitamin A – this is really important for eye health and the immune system.
- Butternut Squash is often called ‘Winter Squash’ but they are never grown in winter. They are picked in Autumn.
Best soup recipes for toddlers and babies
Soup for Little ‘Souper’ Heros
This soup is so hearty it will warm your little baby right down to their toes.
Amazing Orange Vegetable Soup
A Wholesome Vegetable Soup packed with vitamins & minerals.
Beetroot and Ginger Love Soup
Healthy beetroot and ginger soup for baby led weaning and toddlers.
Chicken Noodle Soup
This chicken noodle soup is perfect for warming little tummies.
Taste and Rate (pretty please)
We are making a huge effort to better ourselves here at Baby Led Feeding, so if you try this recipe, let us know how it goes! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #babyledfeeding on Instagram or Facebook.
Vegan Curried Butternut Squash Soup
Pin on Pinterest