This cute easter dessert recipe plays on the traditional dessert, hot crossed buns! These little hot crossed bunnies are an easy Easter dessert recipe made with items you probably already have in your pantry. They are fun food for kids that are naturally sweetened and safe for babies and toddlers aged 12 months +.
Cute Easter Desserts
For some reason, recipes for Easter desserts are always more fun to create than other holidays. Maybe it is the cute Easter bunny babies and chicks or all of the pretty pastel colours. Spring is just around the corner and all of the flowers are close to blooming. It is just such an uplifting time that creates fresh inspiration in the kitchen for me.
Hot Crossed Bunnies Key Ingredients
I developed this Hot Crossed Bunnies Easter recipe from my simple 2 ingredient bread roll. This recipe is great because you don’t have to have yeast on hand to make them. I’ve added a few new ingredients to give these easter bunnies their naturally sweet flavour:
- Lemon Zest: The simple addition of fresh lemon zest adds a zing to this recipe.
- Maple Syrup: I love to use natural sweeteners like maple syrup!
- Cinnamon & Allspice: You can always adjust the spice to suit your or your toddlers’ preferences, but cinnamon and allspice are truly what make this bunny taste like a traditional Hot Crossed Bun.
- Raisins (optional): To make these baby-friendly soak the raisins in hot water for about 10 minutes, then drain them prior to adding them to the flour. This way they are super soft and really safe.
Making Little Dough Bunnies!
Creating this dough may be one of the simplest you’ve ever made. No yeast dough makes an easy easter dessert recipe. You’ll start by mixing your dry ingredients into one bowl then add in the wet ingredients. You can stir this mixture until it comes together (adding more yoghurt or flour as needed). Once your dough is of the consistency you like, turn it out on the counter and knead it until it is mixed. Finally, the fun part, you get to make little dough bunnies!
Are you looking for more cute Easter dessert recipes? Here are more easy Easter dessert ideas:
- Sweet Bunny Bread Rolls
- White Chocolate Bunnies
- Bunny Paw Easter Cookies
- Carrot Cake Doughnuts & Cream Cheese Frosting
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @babyledfeeding on Instagram.
All the love, Aileen
Easy Easter Dessert Hot Crossed Bunnies
Pin on Pinterest